23 Beauty Habits That Mean You're Officially Adulting
Growing up is hard. From increases on your auto insurance, to paying rent on your own, “adulting” is not as easy as one might think. We’re releasing 23 iconic shades in #OPIGelColor - so we’re sharing 23 habits that not only #MakeItIconic, but they also mean you’re doing okay at becoming an adult. Luckily, we’ve been around since 1984, so we can help you get through the tricky stuff.
1. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day. Because you know your skin will thank you in the long run.
2. Getting GelColor manicures because you know the shine will last that much longer, and you don’t really have time for weekly salon visits.
3. Using anti-aging products before you spot wrinkles.
4. Getting a blowout or GelColor manicure before a big meeting. You can't fathom looking unpolished.
5. Realizing that when your nails are naked you feel naked.
6. No longer buying cheap beauty products but ones that might be a little pricier knowing they'll last longer, and give you better results.
7. You actually wash your face before you go to bed. Yes, every night.
8. When you get a facial once every three months to refresh old skin. Just like the dermatologist told you.
9. You actually go to the dermatologist for regular skin screenings because that is so, so important.
10. You wear sunscreen everyday, regardless of if you'll be in the sun.
11. You don't "tan" anymore. Regardless of fake or real sun.
12. Your diet is cleaner. You notice the effect refined sugar, caffeine and processed foods have on your skin.
13. No more hangnails. You use OPI ProSpa cuticle oil and take care of the skin around your nails.
14. You exercise regularly, regardless of how 'tired" you are.
15. You cook more than you eat out. Because real food is important.
16. You get your full 8 hours of sleep each night. Or at least, you try.
17. You finally have a skin routine that works. Although, you're always happy to try a new product because it's fun to switch things up.
18. You've stopped biting your nails and/or chipping off old paint.
19. You've realized the importance of a base coat and a top coat when painting your nails. Especially without GelColor involved.
20. You sleep with a silk pillowcase to take care of your hair and the delicate skin on your face.
21. You've experimented with GelColor nail art. Because you've realized that sometimes the littlest details are the ones that matter most.
22. Hot water with lemon in the morning now tastes better to you than coffee. Your digestion matters.
23. You've stopped worrying about your weight, and are simply more mindful of your habits. Change and acceptance comes with time.