Negative Space Nail Art Challenge for Pros
We’ve created the stay at home program so as a pro, you can spend your time at home mastering new skills and leveling up your looks. Each week we challenge you to a new nail art look and even offer one for inspiration to get you started.
This week we’re trying out negative space nail art with a fruity twist. Negative space nail art lets you treat your natural nail like a blank canvas, it builds on the sheerness of the nail bed to allow for designs to stand out. At the moment we have a craving for cherries 🍒 but really, you can play with whatever shape or design you want - the idea is to draw as much attention (if not more) to the blank space, as you draw to the space you color in.
If you’re up for the challenge, we want to feature the best nail art on our Instagram feed or story.
The nail art look below was created by @amyle.nails with some cherry-cute OPI GelColor shades. Feel free to be inspired by the design below,or invent your own!
1. To properly prepped nails, apply one coat of OPI GelColor Base Coat, and cure for 30 seconds.
2. Apply 2 coats of OPI GelColor Love Is In the Bare. Cure for 30 seconds.
Use OPI GelColor Black Onyx to draw stems, and OPI GelColor I’m Sooo Swamped to draw leaves. Cure for 30 seconds.
3. Apply OPI GelColor Chrome Effects No-Cleanse Top Coat and cure for 30 seconds.
4. Apply OPI Red with a dotter to form cherry shapes, then sprinkle with red glitter. Cure for 30 seconds.
5. Brush off excess. Apply 1 coat of OPI GelColor Top Coat, and cure for 30 seconds to finish.