Sanrio Celebrates 45th Anniversary of Hello Kitty, Launches Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Pop-Up Tour
Since her debut in Japan in 1974, Hello Kitty has inspired generations of people around the world with her positive message of friendship and kindness. In celebration of the pop icon’s 45th anniversary, Sanrio, the parent company of Hello Kitty, will launch a pop-up experience that will immerse fans in Hello Kitty’s world of happiness, friendship and fun.
Starting in Los Angeles on September 20, 2019, the Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour pop-up experience will be a fully immersive, multi-sensory, walk-through tour that takes guests around the globe with Hello Kitty and her friends. The 10,000 square foot pop-up transports visitors into Hello Kitty’s world and embarks them on a journey within the experience to London, Paris, New York, Honolulu and Tokyo. Additional tour cities within the U.S. to be announced later this year.
What: Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour
When: September 20 – October 20, 2019
Where: LA Plaza Village 555 N. Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- A commemorative passport, boarding pass and Hello Kitty crown upon entrance.
- Five rooms, each dedicated to a unique destination special to Hello Kitty, where guests receive a travel stamp for their passport.
- A playful interaction and sensory experience at each destination, in which fans can see, hear, touch, smell and feel Hello Kitty’s world.
- Access to the ‘Baggage Claim’ gift shop where a selection of exclusive merchandise is available, as well as special collaborations with Girl Skateboards, Herschel Supply Co. and Levi’s.
- Fans can preview the new OPI x Hello Kitty Holiday Collection and as an element of ‘surprise and delight’ to those attending the pop-up experience, a limited number of guests will be hand-selected to receive a free Hello Kitty themed manicure by OPI.
- Guests can purchase sweet treats such as ice cream, macarons, cookies, cotton candy, and popcorn at the Hello Kitty Cafe. Drinks along with exclusive merchandise will also be available for sale. The Hello Kitty Cafe will be open to the general public for the full duration of the Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour.
- The debut of a one-of-a-kind Hello Kitty Toyota Sienna. The fully wrapped, specially designed Hello Kitty 45th Anniversary car will be on display from September 20 – 29. Toyota will be giving away a limited supply of Hello Kitty x Toyota pins and special edition collaboration boxes will be available for sale at the ‘Baggage Claim’ gift shop.
- The Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour will include opportunities for fan photos, small gifts, interactive moments and spontaneous events to honor Hello Kitty from 1974 to Forever. Tickets are timed to a walk-through tour and range from $22-50, with free admission for children under three years old. Tours will operate Monday through Wednesday 11am-8pm PST, Thursday and Friday 11am-10pm PST, Saturday 10am-10pm PST and Sunday 10am-8pm PST. Find out more and purchase tickets at www.HelloKitty45.com
Sanrio is the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty®, and home to many other beloved character brands including Chococat™, My Melody™, Badtz-Maru™, Keroppi™, Gudetama™ and Aggretsuko™. Sanrio was founded on the ‘small gift, big smile®’ philosophy – that a small gift can bring happiness and friendship to people of all ages. Since 1960, this philosophy has served as the inspiration to offer quality products, services and activities that inspire unique consumer experiences across the world. Today, Sanrio’s legendary breadth of products are available in over 130 countries and in retail locations including department, specialty, national chain retailers and Sanrio boutique stores. To learn more about Sanrio, please visit www.sanrio.com and follow on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.