Winter Solstice: Two Nail Art Looks To Get You Through Winter
Fun fact: December 21 marks Winter Solstice! Cool, right? Now, before you go Google-ing what Winter Solstice actually is, let us tell you. Winter Solstice is the one day of the year that has the shortest daylight and the longest night. Think Summer Solstice but darker and closer to the holidays! Not only is Winter Solstice notes by scientists as an "astronomical phenomenon," but it often marks a time of celebrations in a lot of cultures. Getting together with family friends, dancing all night long, drinking and eating are just a few of the many ways people celebrate.
Want to know how OPI celebrates? With nail art, obviously. We're sharing two nail art looks from some of our favorite artists Cassandre Marie and Hang Nguyen. You can rock these looks all year long, not just during the holidays or Winter Solstice celebrations. They're perfect for NYE parties, sober January parties, Aprés Ski at your favorite mountain, at the gym trying not to break your New Years resolution...the list goes on.
See below for the steps on how to get each look.
- Snow Glad I Met You
- Adam Said, "It's New Year's, Eve"
- Ornament to be Together
- Feel the Chemis-Tree
- Infinite Shine Base Coat
- Infinite Shine Top Coat
1. Apply OPI Infinite Shine Base Coat.
2. Paint 2 coats of Snow Glad I Met You on each nail. For extra sparkle, dab some of the same shade as a final coat, using a makeup sponge to apply.
3. Using a thin liner brush, paint a curved line in Feel the Chemis-Tree as shown in the design.
4. Create a border of 2 lines on either side of the red shade with Adam Said, "It's New Year's,Eve" and Ornament to be Together, as shown in the design.
5. Seal your nail art creation with OPI Infinite Shine Top Coat.
- Ornament To Be Together in OPI GelColor
- Mimosas for Mr. and Mrs. in OPI GelColor
- Alpine Snow in OPI GelColor
- OPI GelColor Base Coat
- OPI GelColor Top Coat
1. Apply OPI GelColor Base Coat to all nails. Cure for 30 seconds.
2. Apply Mimosas for Mr. and Mrs. to all nails. Cure for 30 seconds.
2. Use a sponge and apply Mimosas for Mr. and Mrs. on top and Alpine Snow on bottom (gently dab on all ten nails and repeat this step again). Flash cure.
3. Next, use Ornament To Be Together to paint the reverse moon near the cuticles (use a clean up brush dipped in polish remover to clean up the lines if needed.)
4. And lastly, use the same glitter polish to paint glitter ombré on the free edge top part of the nail.
5. Apply OPI GelColor Top Coat. Cure.