How To Make Nails Dry Faster
- Did you know that some shades dry faster than others? If you’re in the market for a super quick manicure Glitter Shades have the longest drying time, whereas yellow nail polish will take the longest as the pigment particle size is larger.
Give your nails a few minutes post mani, then apply one to two drops of OPI Drip Dry Nail Lacquer Drying Drops to each nail. Within five minutes, you'll have a perfect mani that won't smudge with nourished cuticles to match
- Did you know that you can use cooking spray to dry your nails? This kitchen essential provides a protective layer of silicone to your manicure and moisturizes your skin and cuticles at the same time. Simply apply a layer of cooking spray on top of your nails and leave for a minute or two.
This essentially works by soaking into the nail and thinning out the polish. Once you see it starting to bead at the top of your nail, you can gently wipe it off with a tissue and find strong, dry polish underneath.
- Not just made for blow-drying your hair, you can grab a hairdryer, pop it on the cool setting, and quickly blow dry your nails. Just wait 30 seconds before doing this to prevent any smudges.
Alternatively, grab a can of hairspray and coat your nails with a good spray. Warning: we only recommend this technique for nail lacquer unless you are looking for a matte look.
Try OPI RapiDry Top Coat to speed up the drying process of your nails as well as strengthening them and offering them protection. Expect your nails to develop a long-lasting, non-yellowing, high gloss shine.
- It’s been proven that cold air can harden polish, so why not employ the same cool principle with water. Leave your nails to dry for a minute before dunking them into a bowl of freezing ice water. You may get cold hands, but a two minute dip should dry your nails enough for you to carry on with your day.
- To get your nails to dry faster it’s all about painting them the right way. We recommend painting 3 thin coats of nail polish rather than 2 thick and to allow plenty of time between applications. Waiting between coats also helps prevent any air bubbles for a smoother bubble-free finish.
Sign up for emails to be the first to know about new collections and exclusive events.