The Perfect Manicure
Many of you reached out to ask how to do a proper manicure at home. We agree it’s not always easy to get the basics right, so we asked mani master & nail artist @AmyyTran to develop the ultimate DIY step-by-step tutorial to make your nails look picture perfect, yourselves. Because it’s no secret that the perfect nailfie starts with a proper manicure.
Here are the 10 easy steps to achieve salon nails at home:
Prep for Perfection
1. Properly prep nails by removing any oil/debris with OPI Lint-Free wipes and nail polish remover
2. Apply OPI Exfoliating Cuticle Cream to the area around the nail
3. Use an OPI Cuticle Stick to gently push back cuticles
4. Cleanse nail after nail prep is complete
5. File nails to preferred length and shape
6. Lightly buff nails to smooth out the surface
7. Cleanse nail a third time using OPI Lint-Free wipes as a final prep step
8. Apply 1 coat of OPI Nail Envy as a base coat for added strength
9. Apply 2 coats of OPI Nail Lacquer Just a Hint of Pearl-ple (from the new OPI Neo Pearl Collection)
10. Wait for Nail Lacquer to dry and lastly add 1 coat of OPI Top Coat to finish
Watch the full tutorial on our YouTube channel – don’t forget to subscribe!
Be sure to snap a nailfie of your at home mani and tag us @opinailsuk on Instagram for a chance to be featured on our channels!
You can follow Amy Tran on instagram @AmyyTran for tons of nailfie inspiration, and be sure to look out for more DIY tips and tricks coming soon.