Get the Look
Add some gold to your mani with this powder perfection nail art look.
- Before you begin, complete OPI Powder Perfection nail prep step-by-steps. Prepare your dipping cups, filling with Powder Perfection Abstract After Dark, OPI ❤️ DTLA, (P)ink on Canvas and Clear Color Set Powder.
- Apply Base Coat to the nail and immediately pour Abstract After Dark over the entire nail. Allow powder to set, tap off excess, then brush off any remaining powder. Repeat for coverage.
- Using Base Coat, create a horizontal block on the mid left side of the nail. Immediately pour 7th & Flower over the block. Allow powder to set, tap off excess, then brush off any remaining powder.
- Create another block on the lower right side of the nail and pour OPI ❤️ DTLA over the block. Allow powder to set, tap off excess, then brush off any remaining powder.
- Create a half circle at the tip of the nail and pour (P)ink on Canvas over the half circle. Allow powder to set, tap off excess, then brush off any remaining powder.
- Apply Base Coat to the entire nail and immediately pour Clear Color Set Powder onto the nail, ensuring full coverage. Allow powder to set, tap off excess, then brush off any remaining powder.
- Apply one generous coat of Activator and wait 1-2 minutes for U.S. or 4 minutes for International to allow the nails to harden.
- Shape the nails as desired with an EDGE 180 Grit File. Buff the nail surface with the 100 grit side of a FLEX 100/180 Buffer followed by the 220 grit side of a FLEX 220/280 Buffer. If using an e-file, buff with a Fine Diamond Bit. Use a cosmetic brush to remove excess powder and filing dust.
- Pro Tip: When shaping and buffing, focus around the cuticle area and sidewalls to prevent a bulky looking enhancement. Apply a gold stripe decal down the center of the nail. Use a nail wipe to burnish the sticker onto the nail. Using a nail wipe prevents oils from getting on the nail and affecting the final finish.
- Apply a second generous coat of Activator to the nail. Wait 1-2 minutes to dry. Not waiting for the activator to fully dry will cause your Top Coat brush to harden.
- Apply one coat of Top Coat to the nail. Float your brush and use minimal strokes when applying. Overworking your Top Coat will result in a matte finish. Wait 1-2 minutes to dry.
- Apply a second coat of Top Coat to the nail. Allow 1-2 minutes to dry. Once dry, apply a drop of Pro Spa Nail & Cuticle Oil and massage in.