Insanely Cool Abstract Nail Art by Chaun Legend
You’ve seen his work on Kylie, Khloe, and Cardi, on red carpets and all over Instagram. Meet Chaun Legend, an A - list nail artist who’s best known for his loooooong nails. His designs can’t be confined to one style – he approaches every set as a mini work of art with everything from graffiti to insanely intricate looks like rose quartz. His work is bold, fierce, and setting trends across the industry, which is why he’s a muse and all around inspiration for our Downtown LA collection.
Chaun took our fall palette to the next level of abstract art and created several nail art looks that span from beginner to advanced. You’ll see these looks roll out over the next few weeks, but today we’re spotlighting Abstract Illusions, a look so me might consider more advanced but definitely doable. Using our gel pastel shimmers and Abstract After Dark, he created unique abstract shapes worthy of a museum. Let’s get started:
1. Apply 1 coat of OPI GelColor Stay Classic or Stay Strong Base Coat. Cure for 30 seconds.
2. Apply two coats of OPI GelColor Abstract After Dark curing each layer in between.
3. With a detail brush and OPI GelColor Angels Flight on Starry Nights, create the outline of two faces that mirror each other. Refine lines as needed with a cleanup brush dipped in OPI N.A.S. 99 Cleansing Solution, then cure for 30 seconds.
4. With OPI GelColor Metallic Composition and a detail brush, outline the faces and cure for 30 seconds. Repeat for coverage as needed.
5. Finish with 1 coat of OPI GelColor Top Coat or Stay Shiny Top Coat. Cure for 30 seconds.
6. Wipe the nail clean with an OPI Expert Touch Wipe and OPI N.A.S. 99 Cleansing Solution and apply OPI ProSpa Nail and Cuticle Oil.
Tip: Make it even more abstract by switching up the designs on each nail (similar to what Chaun did on the set you see here), or make it an accent nail to punctuate one shade. We’re all for taking some creative liberty