OPI Eats: Tiramisu for Two
The queen of Italian desserts: tiramisu is creamy, light, delicious and our go-to treat when we’re feeling fancy. As we transport your nails to Italy with our Muse of Milan collection, Massimo Albini from our OPI Italian team shares this top-secret tiramisu recipe. Just don’t forget to coordinate your nails.
3 spoons of Baileys whiskey cream
1. First, with the mixer, whip the egg yolks and the sugar until thick.
2. Add the mascarpone and ricotta and mix it together with a spoon until fully incorporated and smooth.
3. Using an electric mixer, begin whipping 3 egg whites until thick. Add 3 spoons of Baylis whiskey Original to the mix and add the whipped egg whites, mixing it all together with the spatula. It can't be soupy! It has to be light and fluffy.
4. Assembling the tiramisu. Soak the ladyfingers in the coffee mixture briefly. Don’t let them get soggy, it will ruin the dessert. Only use savoiardi ( Italian ladyfingers).
5. Set your pan up with a layer of the coffee-soaked ladyfingers. Add a pinch of sugar.
6. Add your first layer of tiramisu cream. Use half of your mixture and spread it evenly. Repeat the entire process starting with the soaked in coffee savoiardi layer, and spreading the tiramisu cream.
7. Dust the tiramisu with cocoa and you’re finished!
Now comes the hardest part. Let the tiramisu set up for at least 6 hours -overnight is best. Buon appetito!