Stay at Home Tuesday Tips: Nail Care Basics
Slender at the sides and slim at the base, almond nails have been spotted on the hands of fashionistas worldwide from Rihanna to Katy Perry. Looking to try this universally flattering shape? @nailuscious has shared a few simple steps to achieve this look.
1. Use long file strokes rather than short file strokes to prevent fraying.
2. Look at the shape from 2 angles to ensure symmetry- fingers folded in the palm and fingers open like a high five.
3. Cleanse with an Expert Touch Lint-Free Wipe, finish with a coat of Nail Envy and cuticle cream to keep your hands hydrated.
If your cuticles are dry, cracked or peeling, we’re here to help take care of your cuticles and help prevent infection. The first step? Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water, but if you need a little extra help, we’re bringing the spa to you.
1. Use Micro-Exfoliating Hand Polish in the shower to buff away any dry and cracked skin.
2. Rinse and pat your hands dry before applying Protective Hand and Cuticle Cream and massaging it gently into your hands and nails.
3. Fancy going extra luxe then finish with our hydrating ProSpa Nail and Cuticle Oil. Winter and dry skin, unfortunately, go hand in hand, so we recommend carrying ProSpa Protective Hand Serum everywhere you go
Did you just give yourself the perfect mani but notice the polish has overflowed to your cuticle? No need to start all over, @nailuscious has two simple ways to clean up your cuticles.
1. Fill a clean recycled nail lacquer bottle with school glue to create liquid tape, and apply to the skin surrounding the nail bed before applying nail lacquer. When your mani is completely dry, peel away the liquid tape.
2. Saturate a small brush with Lacquer Remover to gently cleanse the skin surrounding the nail bed. If you don’t have a clean up brush, use a cotton swab as an alternative.
We know how harsh the elements and constant exposure can be on hands and feet. Dry skin and cuticles, age spots, and dull, uneven skin tone are all common issues that we face with our nails and hands. Watch the video to discover the 6 products formulated to nourish and protect!
We want to continue to find ways to connect with you, so reach out when you have questions or simply just want to share something colorful you created. If you’re looking for more inspiration, you can also head to our OPI YouTube channel, or visit us online at www.opi.com. Don’t forget to sign up for emails to be the first to know about new collections and exclusive events.