How To Fix A Broken Nail
Got nail problems? We’ve got answers. OPI is your number-one resource for tips and tricks to solve any nail-related issues.
Today's topic? The dreaded broken nail. There’s no use crying over broken and split nails, but we have an easy-to-follow guide on how manicurists fix a torn nail and yes, it includes a tea bag.
What Causes a Broken Nail?
The OPI Step-by-Step Guide to Fix a Broken Nail:
1. If you’ve got polish on, it’s time to remove it with our Expert Touch Lacquer Remover. Then using a glass file, gently file and buff the nail to smooth it out. Make sure you avoid the tear though!
2. Now it’s tea bag time (You can even try out an English accent during this). Trim a tea bag to the size of a small patch that can cover your tear and leave it to one side.
3. Step in our hero, now it’s time to apply OPI Chip Skip to your entire nail. Our exclusive chip preventer primes the natural nail surface to help it bond.
4. Gently apply a small dot of nail glue and apply the patch, it may be worth using tweezers.
5. Leave this to dry, before gently buffing the nail.
6. Apply a coat of OPI Nail Envy to strengthen your poor nails further.
7. Apply a coat of clear polish, before painting your nails to cover the tea bag.