Abstract Nail Art Challenge for Pros
We’ve designed the OPI stay at home nail art marathon to keep our community entertained with weekly challenges, and help our favorite nail pros enhance their nail art skills at this time.
This challenge this week is to create an abstract nail art look with your favorite OPI colors. The winning prize? A feature on our Instagram feed or story!
If you’re up for the challenge, here’s how to participate:
1. Create an animal print nail art look either on yourself or on nail tips.
This nail art was created by @amyle.nails with a touch of gold foil to elevate the look. Feel free to use the design below as inspiration and put a spin on it, or invent your own
1. To properly prepped nails, apply one coat of OPI GelColor Base Coat, and cure for 30 seconds.
2. Dry brush OPI GelColor Strawberry Margarita, by wiping off a majority of the product on the neck of the bottle. Apply 3 strokes down the middle and both sides of the nail. Cure for 30 seconds.
3. Continue to layer, and dry brush OPI GelColor Do You Take Lei Away. Cure 30 seconds.
4. Dry brush the third shade with OPI GelColor You’re Such a Budapest and cure for 30 seconds.
5. Dry brush the fourth shade, OPI GelColor 7 Wonders Of OPI and cure for 30 seconds.
6. Finish the design by dry brushing on OPI Gel Color Alpine Snow and cure for 30 seconds.
7. Using a dotting tool to apply OPI GelColor Black Onyx as dots over the Alpine Snow sections. Cure for 30 seconds.
8. Lastly, use the tacky layer to help adhere gold foil. Seal the look with one coat of OPI GelColor Top Coat, then cure for 30 seconds.