The Importance of Salon Sanitation
Let’s talk salon sanitation! Here at OPI we understand that proper salon sanitation doesn’t just keep the salon environment clean, it keeps both clients and nail techs healthy. With flu season upon us we wanted to outline some basic tips to keep in mind. In addition to the below, be sure to stay on top of the latest communications available on the WHO website and check in with your local public health authorities.
1. If either you or your client is feeling sick, it’s always best to stay home.
2. Start all services by washing both yours and your client's hands.
3. Properly sanitize all stainless steel tools and surface areas using OPI Spa Complete, and store in a clean container for future use.
4. Mop floors and vacuum carpets daily. Keep windows, screens, and curtains clean of any debris.
4. Always use a fresh linen towel and new Expert Touch Table Towel for every client.
5. Disinfect doorknobs and telephone handsets often in addition to any frequently handled item inside the salon.
6. Deposit all waste materials in a metal waste container with a self-closing lid, and be sure to empty it frequently throughout the day.